Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Learning to be a better Helpmeet

God is trying to teach me something. We are in a construction mess, having school, nightly seminary classes, training a pastoral candidate, and trying to keep our house. Those of you who know me, know that my husband has jokingly accused me of trying to keep a "Good Housekeeping" home. Meaning that I want the house to look like the front cover of a magazine at all times. He is right. I DO want my house to be beautiful all the time. But with all of my responsibilities, that is impossible UNLESS I delegate. At first, this was easy. I explained exactly what I wanted done and how and in what time frame.
Then something happened. I was expecting too much in too short of a time and getting very irritated if it wasn't done! We are still trying to "find" every one's strengths and weaknesses as far as chores go. Now, I believe that everyone should know how to do everything. But I also want housekeeping to be enjoyable. It is FUN keeping the things your husband provides for you in the best way you can! So we are trying different routines and chore lists to find THE ONE that will click.
As far as God teaching me? He is allowing more and more "little things" to come into our lives. Kind of like one of the gypsies we see on the street corner juggling. He starts out with two sticks of fire and then his partner tosses him another from the sidelines. Just when you think he can't possibly handle anymore, he gets another! Quite a sight to behold and very entertaining while we are waiting for the light to change so we can rush about our busy day. The point to all of this is simple. God will not call me to do (or be) more than I can handle! He loves me more than anyone on this earth and has MY BEST INTEREST at heart. What a wonderful Savior we have! I love to sit and contemplate this love. It gives me chills. He knows me better than I know myself and can see the end of the path.
Please continue to pray for us. This construction could go on for another year! It is so slow because of our finances. The power of the dollar has fallen and we are struggling to keep our heads above water. But here again, God knows all of this doesn't He?? And He only has OUR best interest in mind.
Have a blessed day!
Lisa

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Lisa. I feel like I know you, but in reality, we've never met. I am Paul Dziadul's wife, Elizabeth, and I just found your blog tonight. I can understand exactly what you are writing! It seems we are always revamping our chore lists, trying to find that "perfect" fit.
I hope we get to meet next time you are in the States. I also want you to know that I am inpressed with you and your attitude that comes through in your writing. It's very obvious that you are a devoted wife, and mother, and most importantly, a devoted child of God. Keep up the good work!
Oh yeah, come check out my blog:
http://www.lifesjourneywith5.blogspot.com

amazonmama said...

Elizabeth, I feel as if I know you as well! Paul was a great friend in school and I am so glad he is happily married and such a great dad! I have bugged my MAN to death about his visit to GA. lol I am all about details and he can hardly remember his own birthday!
I DO read your blog! Very often! My sister, Teresa, turned me on to it. I had already read Paul's once or twice and she told me to check yours out. I love all the pics. Makes me feel like I know you even more. Our sons have "met" on facebook! I believe they race together.
Thank you for posting on my blog. We will have to chat online soon.
Lisa