Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Getting in the Groove.....

It has been a while since I last posted. James asked me to teach a class this semester at the Seminary. I have been busy studying the Women of the Old Testament! He provided me with a syllabus that has 18 women to study and would like for me to complete it in two months! That will be a challenge, but I am always up for a good challenge.

The older girls are doing great in school! We are using Saxon Math this year as it was provided for us at a very low cost. They are also taking two courses with the Seminary students. I will be able to use these hours on their high school transcripts. James started rolling slowly in the Math dept. but he will gather some steam as he goes. He prefers to work with Dad outside during the daylight hours! But what boy doesn't?? Jesse and Bea are in need of material! They have almost finished what I have left for them and will be stuck with reading and flashcards until some extra $$ comes in to make an order.

We had a lovely wedding shower here last Saturday. Edileusa and her man got quite a haul! I was so pleased with all the nice things they received. I will try to post some pics of the decor. The girls did a great job decorating! Bea made her famous "Peanut Butter Pan Bars" and Emily and Katherine did Chocolate Chip cookies and Banana Nut Bread, respectively. The sister of the Bride made mini pizzas and her Mom brought apple cake! So we had quite a spread for an afternoon shower.

Here are some pics.






2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Our school year is going ok. We're still getting back into the routine- always a challenge. I have also forgotton what it's like to school with 2 little ones. Complete chaos at times! Yet, God still blesses the effort- that's the only reason I can see how my kids can learn some days.

What kind of materials are you looking for for your youngest 2?

Your shower decorations were beautiful and isn't amazing how God supplies even the "trival" stuff we want??

amazonmama said...

Elizabeth,
I totally agree about God's blessing! I don't have any little ones to contend with anymore.... (sad face) Jesse and Bea are using A.C.E. well, all of my kids are. We are using Saxon math because it was a great deal, we got it used. The girls seem to like it. Anyway, if you hear of any A.C.E. stuff for sale cheap or of anyone giving some away, GIVE ME A HOLLER!!! (smile)